There are two excellent outdoor carpet greens in use at the Dunsborough and Districts Country Club.
We welcome capitated visiting bowlers and non-affiliated visitors to join in on our social competitions.
All social events are mufti, and we play with flat-soled shoes or in bare feet.
Corporate Bowls takes place every Tuesday and Wednesday for several weeks before and after Christmas. These commence at 6 pm. and finish under lights with a snack and fun to follow.
For more information on games, social events and club dining –
To be advised
All visitors (including capitated bowlers) are always welcome to join our social competitions. Non-affiliated visitors are welcome for a roll-up fee of $5.00 each (flat soled shoes or bare foot only).
HOW WE PLAY SQUASH BOWLS AT DUNSBOROUGH
- An afternoon session is divided into three 50-minute slots
- Pop stick draw after each slot
- Three, 4 or 5 players to each rink, each play 3 bowls
- A player must win the mat before scoring
- All others on the rink try to prevent scoring
- One Power Play per person per slot to double the score for that end
- The top four scores after the last game play in final
- A player can enter in one or two slots for no competition fee
- Played over 4 ends
- The top scorer can score on the first end
- No Power Play
- The prize money is split if no one scores
- New bowlers can join in without feeling inferior
- Top bowlers together on a rink are playing against each other. They do not dominate the field
- Players recovering from injury or ill health can gradually gain fitness by playing only one or two slots
- It is an ideal way for potential members to come and have a try
- It is easy to allocate rinks as any number of players can be included. Three, four or five players can play on a rink
- The elderly can play one slot and enjoy the social part of bowls
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE RING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
Geoff Oddy 0419 046 120
Butch Sharpe 0417 975 732
Sharon Sharpe 0488 568 595
The 2021-2022 Season will commence on:
TUESDAY 9 NOVEMBER and WEDNESDAY 10 NOVEMBER 2021
Registrations will be opening SOON
There are two rounds, each round runs for 6 weeks, one before Xmas and one after Xmas.
Email your team details to firstname.lastname@example.org complete the registration form at the club or contact the club Manager 9755 3250
Corporate Bowls are played at the club each summer. The first half of the competition is played during November and December and the second half is played during February and March.
The competitions are usually of 6 weeks duration and a final series is played against the best teams from the Cowaramup Club corporate bowls competition.
This is a great way for friends and work groups to socialise and enjoy each other’s company away from the workplace.
Food and refreshments are available before, during, and after the games.
Corporate Bowls are played on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
Play commences at 6.00 pm and runs for an hour and is followed by presentations, a light meal and plenty of socialising.
Barefoot Bowls is available on any FRIDAY evening weather permitting!
Please ask at the bar.
GENERAL BOWLS INFORMATION
Once a person has become an Ordinary member of the DDCC ($70) it costs a further $190 to include bowls in their membership. This includes WA Bowls Capitation fees.
As a visitor a charge of $5 Green fees is applicable.
The Men’s Bowls sporting section of the Club is very active & offers several bowling attractions.
During the Bowling season (November – April) a variety of Open Days are offered & these are featured in the Club’s Bowls Fixtures. For information regarding these events phone the Chairman, John Eggleton on 0407 195 400.
Thursday Social bowls is very popular with our members & attracts many visitors from time to time throughout the entire year.
A fee of $10 is charged & players must nominate to play by 12.30pm. A “Pop Stick Draw” is applied & visitors are welcome. This Thursday event continues throughout the entire year, weather permitting. For further information contact John Eggleton on 0407 195 400.
Tuesday Mixed Winter Fun Social Bowls runs throughout the winter season. A fee of $10 applies & players must nominate by 12.30pm for a 1.00pm start.
For further details contact either Geoff Oddy on 0419 046 120, Sharon Sharpe on 0488 568 595 or Butch Sharpe on 0417 975 732.
A Mixed Saturday Bowls event runs throughout the winter period. Again players must nominate by 12.30pm for a 1.00pm start & a small fee applies.
For further details contact John Eggleton on 0407 195 400.
Visitors are most welcome to participate in all non-championship events or just to use the Greens. They are also welcome to use the Club’s facilities including a well-serviced bar & popular restaurant.