REGISTER NOW for the Down South Mountain Biking Festival on Saturday June 3 and Sunday June 4 2017!
Generously Sponsored by the City of Busselton
Come on out for a great weekend of competitive and fun events and skills clinics at the Dunsborough and Districts Country Club! (40 Gifford Road, Dunsborough)
Saturday June 3rd 2017: PRE-EVENT CLINICS
Rock and Roll MTB Clinics Program (see Registration desk inside Country Club)
- Session One: Beginner Session (beginner 12+) (max 7)
- Session Two: Fundamental Masterclass (intermediate) (max 7)
- Session One: Fundamental Masterclass- Ladies Only (max 7)
- Session Two: Advanced MTB Masterclass (max 7)
- Session One: Kids MTB skills 6-9 year olds (max 7)
- Session Two: Kids MTB skills 10-12 year olds (max 7)
*note sessions may merge if insufficient numbers register
Adults $40 for 2 hours
Kids $25 for 2 hours
*Free bike hire, riders will need to pre-book bikes
Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to compete and learn in a fun environment, no matter what skill level or age you are!
Saturday June 3; Other Activities
- 12 noon: XCO Race trail open for sighting and practice runs
- 2.00-3.30 pm: Slalom Race Offs (combined time both tracks, register at the Country Club on Saturday night or Sunday morning)
- 3.30 pm: Afternoon escorted ride of XCO Race trail
- 4.00 pm: Casual family -oriented escorted unofficial (up to) 90 minute ride for non-competitors
- 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm: Registration at Club
- 6.00 pm: Dinner at Dunsborough Country Club (mtb videos, family friendly). PLEASE BOOK your table beforehand by calling the club at 9755 3250.
All day – Bikeshed display and mechanics available on site for advice.
Sunday June 4, 2017: XCO Series Schedule
XCO Series Registration Online at: https://online.mtba.asn.au/ERegister.aspx?E=3797
Riding and Having Fun is Thirsty Work!
Of course there will be drinks available from 2.00 pm at the clubhouse.
Dunsborough Country Club, 40 Gifford Road, Dunsborough.
Sunday lunch – Dunsborough Country Club, 40 Gifford Road, Dunsborough
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Down South MTB festival celebrates mountain biking in the South West by bringing cycling enthusiasts together to check out, competitive and recreational mountain bike events, promoting the new Dunsborough mountain biking facilities, whilst bringing the local community together and advocating for an active outdoor lifestyle. Through its Cycle Club section the Dunsborough & Districts Country Club (a not-for-profit organisation) has raised over $45,000 to support the development and maintenance of its mountain bike trail projects in Dunsborough. So please come on down south, enjoy the fun and contribute to the bright future this mountain biking facility offers…
Check out the Dunsborough Cycle Club Facebook Page for more information, photos and fun!